Welcome to part three of our personal branding online marketing series. We have covered some great things so far but we are not done yet.
Personal Branding: YouTube Videos
Creating videos is an important step in your personal branding efforts.
In part 2 of this series you should have created a YouTube account. We will be utilizing that social site in this next step. First thing you need to understand is the size of YouTube. There are more than 490 million users who access YouTube on a monthly basis, that is roughly 1 in every 3 people on the internet and one third of those people, visit daily.
As you can see from the above information, YouTube is huge! There is absolutely no reason for you not to become active in this gigantic community. Unless you do not have a web camera, in which case, go get one, they are super cheap. You can get a cheap web camera for about $10 – $20.
Personal Branding: What Videos Should I Make
If you are just starting out with personal branding, you can begin with making videos about you.
There are unlimited ideas of things you can make videos about. Start with an introductory video about yourself. Tell people who you are and what you do, talk about things you enjoy. As you progress and become more comfortable with making videos, you can begin to talk about your business. Over time you will build an audience of people who will start looking for new videos from you.
Now you also want to be an active member of YouTube, so when you can, take the time to view some videos that interest you. You can rate videos with a “Thumbs Up” and even leave comments if you’d like. As with other social sites that you will be working with for personal branding, you can make friends on YouTube as well. You even have the ability to subscribe to certain people who’s videos you enjoy.
Personal Branding: Video Tips
There are a few things to keep in mind when creating videos, let me share some of them with you.
Now there is no perfect formula for creating great videos for use towards personal branding. There are however a few tips that you should keep in mind when doing videos. Nothing too complicated, just a few simple things to remember.
Some video tips:
- Be real. This is the most important thing to remember, always be real.
- Don’t over dress. You do not need to be in a suit to record a video. Brush your hair, wash your face and you’re good to go.
- Background. Make sure you do not have any weird things in your background (unless you want that for some reason). People do not want to see your dirty laundry pile or other things that will distract them from your message.
- Speak clearly and not too fast. Sometimes when people are new to making videos, they talk really fast, try to slow down a little and remember to breathe, this is fun remember!
- Relax. Enjoy making your videos, relax and have fun with it!
These simple tips should help get you started in the right direction, I hope you find them useful.
This concludes our Personal Branding Series, I hope you enjoyed it and that you take some of these tips, ideas and suggestions with you.
Please feel free to use the comments area below to share your thoughts on this personal branding series.